SmartMines is a minesweeper game for Mac OS X (Tiger and above) with a couple of features that makes it stand in comparison with most other minesweeper games for OS X:
- "Smart clicks" makes it easy to both mark and uncover with single button mice. These can of course be turned off if you prefer the classic minesweeper.
- It's a Cocoa application, which means, among other things, that the window is resizable, and everything, including text and icons scale.
- In addition to the three standard minefield sizes, you can make custom minefields where you specify the number of squares and mines.
- Each minefield has its own high score table with up to 25 entries.
- A keyboard mode makes it possible to play the game in situations where a mouse is inconvenient.
In addition to this:
- It's free, both as in free beer and in free speech.